How can we help you today?
Modified on: Mon, 29 May, 2017 at 5:00 AM
You'll need a Curation API key to start configuring the plugin. If you don't have one yet, you'll need to generate one for your site. Here's how you can generate an API key for your site.
Once you've followed those steps, you can install the plugin.
1. To start, get to the Curation setup page by clicking on "Configure" on the menu bar. Once you've selected "Curation" from the dropdown, click on "Download Plugin" to download it to your computer.
2. After download is completed, go to your blog and login as an administrator. Move your mouse over Plugins and click Install New.
4. On next screen, click Choose File... and select the plugin file you just downloaded. Then, click Install Now.
5. The plugin will start installing now. It may take 10-15 seconds depending on your server. Once done, you will see following screen:
Click Activate Plugin. The plugin is now installed and activated.
Configuring the plugin
6. A new menu item will appear in the sidebar Curation API.
7. Click Curation API to go to the settings screen. You need to paste the Curation API key you generated here and click Get Access Token.
8. Once you click Get Access Token, the initial configuration is complete. Next, we will configure how the curated posts appear on your blog.
Move your mouse over Curation API and click Settings. You will see a configuration screen here.
The first option controls whether the post will be saved as draft or published straightaway. Next option controls whether the content is published as a single post or different posts. When you curate multiple articles on EpicBeat, they can either be combined into one post to create a listicle or as separate posts.
9. Next area contains the template that the plugin uses to create the post. You can add or remove parts of the post as needed. If you need to change HTML classes, you can switch to Code view and edit the markup.
10. The last two settings control default category and author for curated content. All curated posts will be assigned the categories you select here.
Once you have configured the settings, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback